Saturday 5 July 2014

For better, for worse, in sickness and in health....

Well, its in the garden so it gets a spot on here....not the most popular entry I am guessing, from my wifes point of view anyway....

My wife has planted roses as she loves them....and not just any roses, they have to be the right ones....David Austin is, apparently, the rose person that has the best, most fragrant.

So...you plant something, its just an invite for something to turn up I guess....here are the caterpillars....

Large Rose Sawfly caterpillar, Arge pagana

Large Rose Sawfly caterpillar, Arge pagana

....ironically I had taken these next photos of a bright yellow bodied fly in late June....sitting on the roses!!....and I have been trying to identify it....so accidentally, by getting someone else to help with the caterpillar i.d. I have also overcome the i.d. of this, now known, sawfly....

Large Rose Sawfly, Arge pagana

Large Rose Sawfly, Arge pagana

No comments:

Post a Comment