Tuesday 8 July 2014

You dont often see that!

A smaller catch, but well worth it with some nice moths.....and a not too often seen moth!!....

First up though.....not new but always nice to see...

Beautiful Golden Y, Autographa pulchrina

Heres a moth that I highlighted not too long ago but had disappeared from the trap till last night....

Pebble Prominent, Notodonta ziczac

The Wainscots could be said to be quite an ordinary part of the Noctuid family but definitely worth a look in my opinion....

Shoulder-striped Wainscot, Mythimna comma

As soon as I saw this next moth in the trap I knew it was something I had never seen before.  Its resting position should give it away as one of the Geometrid moths BUT....its actually a Noctuid moth....

Waved Black, Parascotia fuliginaria

I cant recall catching all three variations of this next moth in one go....but here they are...all present in the trap from last night....

Peppered Moth, Biston betularia

Peppered Moth, Biston betularia - insularia

Peppered Moth, Biston betularia - carbonaria


No comments:

Post a Comment