Friday 27 June 2014

Blood sucking satan fly....or...the most alarming moth story I think I have ever read...!!

...heres something of interest...though somewhat very alarming indeed....but first.....

Heres a plume moth from the trap a couple of nights ago....they arent the easiest group to identify and there is reference to this fact on various websites...however....I think I have the identity of this one correct....

Amblyptilia acanthadactyla

...and now...for that story....I was roaming around the net looking for some plume moth information...when I came across this...I hope you are sitting down....

crucifix window bug
January 9, 2010
Hi Bugman, Today we found this interesting looking creature parked on our window, in San Rafael, CA. It seems as if it has horns on the end of its ‘wings’. My friend calls it a ‘blood sucking satan fly’ but I don’t think such a thing exist. Another friend thought it was a reincarnation of Jesus on the crucifix. Sorry for the bad photograph, I was afraid to get closer / it biting me.
thanks in advance, jasmine
san rafael, ca, usa
Morning Glory Plume Moth
Morning Glory Plume Moth
Hi Jasmine,
This is a Morning Glory Plume Moth, Emmelina monodactyla, and despite your friends’ theories, it is neither a maleficent nor a divinely benevolent species.  It will not suck your blood, nor is it representative of a miraculous event.  Many people call it a T Bug or T Moth.  It is a European species that was introduced to North America and it has spread from coast to coast. 
heres the website...

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2010/01/10/morning-glory-plume-moth-2/

.....only in America....the idea that this moth could cause any harm is, well, amazing though perhaps the more worrying aspect is the reincarnation of a very small Jesus....maybe he was only that big to start with?

....mind you, I did work with a woman who was petrified of bird flu even though the chances of her coming in to contact with it was as good as zero...people are....mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment