Sunday 15 June 2014

Where theres muck.....

....on this occasion there definitely is brass....

Burnished Brass, Diachrysia chrysitis

The run of hot weather continued Friday 13 June.  So out went the trap again.  The above moth is one of the highlights....with plenty to choose from.  I havent got a final total for the night, but I reckon the catch to be around 290!....and that certainly took a lot of processing! 
There were plenty of moths around the garden near the trap....on the lawn....on plants....on the fence....so I dutifully picked them up first....then emptied the trap and did a second sweep of the area where the trap had been, picking up more moths.
A third and fourth sweep of the fence produced a few more....and I was just about to stop when I decided to have a quick look on some of the flowers.....and on one of the Marigolds...


....so its lucky I did...!

I have quickly had a look at the photos and picked out just a few....im sure there will be more pictures to follow once I have sorted them out....

Figure of Eighty, Tethea ocularis

Barred Red, Hylaea fasciaria

Green Silver-lines, Pseudoips prasinana

....and heres one of those fabulous Ichneumon wasps.....


No comments:

Post a Comment