Monday 9 June 2014

Moving along nicely...

It seems a while since I have updated the garden blog....this hasnt meant the garden has become a wasteland, though that may attract more!?....I have been fighting Blanket Weed in the pond, I Have to attend to it daily now, pulling it out....I was advised this was the way to go, but since then I have read this only encourages it more....so I have sent off for some natural product that clears it away.....hoping it arrives this week....

With some warm weather coming in the moth trap has been out a few times..here are some macro's, as soon as I get round to some of the micros that are now turning up I will upload them....

Foxglove Pug, Eupithecia pulchellata pulchellata

May Highflyer, Hydriomena impluviata

Miller, Acronicta leporina

Satin Lutestring, Tetheelia fluctuosa

Small Fan-foot, Herminia grisealis

White Ermine, Spilosoma lubricipeda

Heres one of the best moths I have caught for a little while....its always great to get a new moth or one not seen for some time....the colouring is very subtle, but splendid......

Tawny-barred Angle, Macaria liturata


No comments:

Post a Comment